BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:51:45 -0400
Ken about testing the internal leaders. These are almost always cast-iron ,
although the cast can fail (remember Gundrum?) the problem is almost always
at the plumber meets tinsmith spot. Go there when it's raining. There is
smoke available , but generally the pipe is set into a chase built into to
brick or behind the wall. You could get lots of smoke and still have no
idea. You could air test at low pressure, you would still have to get at the
top to plug it. How about taking the Piccasos off the wall and adding 10
feet of water a day. Calculate the height of the column , when the leak
starts you should know about where it is. Give John my regards ctb