BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:29:48 EDT
John,

Weren't you in for the discussion earlier today about all the funny bushes
with and without red dingleberries that used to get nailed to the ridge when
the Ancients used to (and the Neoanachronists do) frame out a house?  I
merely meant to suggest that nailing a cross made of rowan (available at your
local Home Depot) to your monitor might drive the table fairies from your
computer.

The Rowan business reminded me of my German History prof in college (same
time as the Yugoslav Physicist) who told us all about Arminius (AKA Hermann
the German) and his merry band.  And how superior it enabled me to feel, as a
descendant of the backward tribe who received The Ten Commandments and didn't
eat lobster in the desert, long before Hermann & Co. started worshipping
trees............

Ah, yes, cultural anthropology.  Another class I didn't take in hopes of
meeting girls while in the Architecture Monastery.  Not that the "A" I got in
Courtship & Marriage (taught by a blind man, three times divorced) put a
smile on my face at the time, or has proven especially useful out in the
field.........

What do you know, my keyboard is sprouting ellipses,
too........................Maybe I need to make a trip to the Summit Mall
(AKA "dump") and get another one with their special double-your-money-back
guarantee.

Ralph