BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Light fuse ... retire quickly.
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:41:52 -0400
Yes it does.  Besides the main part of the camp (I worked there part of two
summers in the kitchen--a very mixed experience) I spent a bit of time in
Sidney (sp?) Winter, the larger log cabin in the family camping area (where
scout master and staffers' families stayed).  During the summer when I was
perhaps five we stayed there when my father was a Scoutmaster (my big
recollection then was learning to make fires on the beach).  My Scout troop
stayed there once or twice during the winter (then I remember it being dark
and smokey, filled with bunk beds, smelling of bacon?).

I don't recall how the cabin was chinked.  I recall seeing a cabin chinked
with triangular slats of wood nailed into the joints, perhaps holding a
fiber material in place and/or reducing the amount of cementitious material
used, but that could've been another cabin (the cabin used by the Scouts up
in the hills of Caroline?).