BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:43:52 -0700
> John and Rudy can help me turn spindles and re-fit the mortise and tenon
> details of the banister made of Arbutus (Madrone) with dozens of heartwood
> blocks fitted side by side and core upward to make the unique railing.
> Ken can write a murder mystery about it and create a ghost to help attract
> visitors to pay admission.   For the masons, the hall walls are a perfect
> task, well, sort of.   The original 1850's wallpaper was made to look like
> 10" x 20" stone blocks, probably to give the folks recently arrived from
> Scotland a feeling that they were actually back in their substantial stone
> home there.   The paper was reproduced beautifully during the 1967
> restoration project, but half burnt away in February.   Any stone (not
> stoned) silk-screeners in the crowd?

Sorry I forgot to mention that Dan can get the building permit and negotiate
with the police about the noise thing.   Ilene can help ease the place back
into the hearts of the community, and Ben, the fantastic lime plasterer
Limey who is lurking here can return to finish the ceiling!

Cheers,
cp in bc