BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"<Michael Tolan>" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 20:31:02 EDT
Well, I would not call it hacking. Its more like a very fine tuning of the
brownstone. To remove old scars and tooling marks we first survey the area to
mark out the high and low areas. Then with a pneumatic grinder and a single
rim diamond cup wheel with a water attachment we hone the face of the stone
to remove the old tooling and scars. Being very careful not to remove to much
brownstone appox.1/4". After the grinding is complete we use a trow & holden
pneumatic tooling gun with a 2" fine toothed carbine chisel to retool the
stone.Any stone that is to far gone is replaced with a new stone or dutchman.
Thought the whole process we are under the watchful eye and great help to the
project , stone consultant Nick Micros.