BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:29:34 -0700
John,

I used an epoxy anchoring system in block walls on
several occasions to hang dock canopies...
also used for the same purpose in poured walls...

the 1/2" studs were mounted into an epoxy filled hole,
or in the case of the hollow wall construction,
a small aluminum screen tube or casing, if you will,
(with an end on it) was inserted and filled,
and then the stud was pressed in.....
the epoxy mushrooms out thru the screen and forms a
sort of toggle behind the opening, as well as bonding
to the inside of the drilled opening itself...

I seem to remember that the cool thing was that the
studs were coated with some sort of slickum
so that we could unscrew them after the epoxy
hardened... and of course, remove any stray
epoxy that found it's way into the threads on the
business end of the stud  ;)

the stuff came in a gun with two cartridges and a
detachable, disposable injector nozzle...
it was simplicity itself, and some of the gc's I
worked for were sceptical at first,
but later were converts....
the system was a lot better than the lead anchors we'd
been using, and easier

at a NAWIC seminar  (national association of women in
construction),  an epoxy representative showed us
some light standard bases that had been repaired with
epoxy years earlier, and the concrete had
long since worn away, leaving fins of epoxy where it
had been injected into cracks.....

deb

http://invites.yahoo.com/