BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jamie Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 01:26:04 -0500
Well finally a hello to the pinheads from Jamie up here in Vermont. Its been a couple of weeks or so since I added myself to this list, and before I could give a shout - a few of those "life" things came up and gobbled all my attention and time. Sorry to have been lurking in the shadows for so long, although I am prone to disappearing at times - it seems though that the action never stops here.

I am working today primarily as a preservation contractor - a Jim of many trades, with mastery of a couple - mostly working in the trowel trades - masonry and plaster. Brickwork is my specialty and I am grateful to be too busy in this economy. All sorts of consulting and a bit of teaching helps keep it fun. As does the PTN tribe. I also do a radio show every other Sunday night. An eclectic blend of public affairs topics and music  - many genres - totally free-format and completely non-commercial. Way too much fun!!

I also serve on HP Commission and Design Review Committee in Montpelier, VT - smallest capital city in the union and only one without a McDonalds - The current mantra here, as everywhere, is please "save your wooden windows" but most folks are so green-washed we can see the argon just seeping out of their heads.

Often when I am home I am too busy to sit at the computer for very long these days - besides, my 3 kids (3,5,& 9) get me first when I'm home and they definitely work me over even harder. I'm seldom the quickest to respond by email. I am curious about many topics and opinionated about a bunch of other stuff - I still have much to learn, but do have some to offer too, I hope.

Thanks for being here. Glad to find you.

Jdog

oh yeah Mary - you are right about first meeting @ IPTW in Barre, but I think we last saw each other in Boston @ TBE - hope you are doing well!