BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy R Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 08:33:30 -0400
-----Original Message-----
Ruth wrote:

>Our "peeper swamp" is still covered with a thick blanket of snow... It
isn't very sweet though, only 1.7% sugar....fog eats snow,<

I hope that fog has done its job by the IPTW in July!

We never actually check for percentage of sugar. Do you do that by a
specific gravity check? We usually just try to gauge the gallons raw to
gallons boiled down ratio. This year it seems to be running under 50:1 which
is pretty good for maple trees in these here parts.

Rudy