BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:44:30 -0500
Ralph,

I shamelessly offered our architect friend in Flameout, Mass (before I saw
the correction, hope he has a sense of humor about his town) a FREE COPY of
the Preservation Sourcebook, wherein he would find listed many members of
BP shamelessly promoting themselves. And do YOU have a copy?

I no longer have any Model As, but could I interest you in a 1965 Mustang?

I also have no garages to spare, although my Volvo 240 "The Dreadnought"
handles like one--but it isn't available. It just made an outstanding trip
to Boston and back, about half of the up side of which was on fresh snow. I
really appreciate that it has a full set of New England snow tires (not
available in Virginia).

As for being shamelessly commercial, for about the first 10 years I was
involved in selling ad space, I was ashamed of it and longed to become a
journalist, writer or editor. Then I became those things for a couple of
years and found out they're no better, they just don't admit it. At least
when I am selling something I don't hide it behind a smokescreen of
'journalistic purity'.

Enterprising but sometimes ashamedly commercial Don