BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:42:57 EST
In a message dated 12/9/99 3:04:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Outside of NYC, however, the chance of parking regs having much impact on
 car owning and storing behavior is nil.  In those cities which were not
 originally built to accomodate the automobile, the realistic choices are
 between (a) allowing wanton overnight parking, or (b) paving spaces that
 used to be trees, yards, and historic buildings to make them surface lots.
 Whether this is done directly by municipal intervention, indirectly
 through regulation, or just happens for practical reasons, it happens. >>

Good point.  And maybe if not just all the overnight parkers in NYC
(including our esteemed confrere M. Gray) were given nice new cars instead of
being forced to park rusty scrap metal, it would be more attractive.  Or
maybe they should plant ivy on their rusty scrap metal.  Even I wouldn't
object to that use for ivy.  Of course, I never park on the street in NYC
overnight....

Ralph