BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 04:50:46 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> E-
>
> Nope- found a green one in a florist shop - it blends in just fine.
> BTW - we get the tree the day after Thanksgiving - we take our dog,
> Sparky, and the first tree she pees on is ours. Using the present feed
> system, with a little copper sulfate in the water to keep the bio-crud
> out, the tree is still sucking up water big time, and holding the needles.
>
> Cheers,
>
> V.I.

VI

Well, though I like Sparky, don't bring her pheasant hunting. You don't
know what might happen for the first bird she pees on.

In our abode we go now with the inherited tree with paper needles. The
only difficulty we had was wedging a stick up the angels behind so that
she would sit vertical on the top.
In previous years we have run lights all throughout the livingroom so
that you feel like you are in a tree.
There once was this old guy up near Woodstock that built his abode out
of old boards and roofing cement. Xmas lights strung throughout. He also
built dry stone walls winding around his property.
But this year I think we will be happy enough to wake up in the morning
both warm and dry.

A few years ago I wrapped a few strings of small colored lights around
the frame of a denuded lawn chair and hung it high in the side yard. It
has since been relocated out near the gate and serves as our full time
welcome becon. There are amenities to living in the unHamptons that you
cannot find elsewhere. The elaborate sidewalk lighting system I
installed many years ago long since failed, but the chair keeps on burning.

Rudy in Ohio reported yesterday AM that their power had been out for 6
hours and with 18+ inches of snow and that he was using his laptop
sparingly to communicate.

My big adventure for the week was to get mixed up with the plastic in my
wallet and to think my bank card was a temporary for another account --
color coded the wrong color (which adds emphasis to the need for color
coded funnels) -- and to cut it into shreds, as I was instructed to do
by an associate, not a half hour before I went to the bank to deposit a
check into the same account. The bank was nice to give me another truly
temporary card but I felt kind of stupid standing there with my old card
taped together and having to explain why it no longer worked in their
machine. It was a day I was really beginning to think I should not have
started.

][<