BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Svantevit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Svantevit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 23:52:17 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, February 03, 1998 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: MS Sucks in Vortices

>What amazes me most is how tolerant the world is becoming to products that
>don't work quite right
>     <snip>
>     (there are some problems with the Real
>     Audio if I leave computer for to long just playing radio - I can still
>     run
>     the computer but I have to reboot to get back to the net if it
>     disconnects
>     by itself)
>    <end snip>
>Microsoft does this, Oracle (the business database giant) does it.
>Everyone has come to expect patches need to be applied.  The companies call
>them releases, but unless you get an x.0 version, it generally is nothing
>but patches to fix problems that went out with the original software.  The
>x.0 versions are the ones where new features are introduced - but the adage
>is, "Don't ever get x.0 of any software because it'll be full of bugs!"
>
>As for default home pages, I find the Dilbert one to be of particular
>interest.  Of course, I do have to toe the corporate line once in a while
>and tell people I absolutely love zdnet.com ;-)
>
>- Pam

 As far as I know the only thing expected to be perfect in this world is the
quality of my work on residential contract, the rest like my new car with
the left door lock problem, software released to be tested by and on expense
of the consumer, look of the fast food on the dish far away from the picture
posted on the wall - name it. Maybe instead of paying the tax we should keep
10% retainer until the punch list is completed... means patch list of
course. Actually it is fantastic idea - if it works in the computer industry
I think we should implement this in the construction. The client will pay
for my under performance - you will see how short the punchlist can be.
Seriously the Real Audio problem is not necessary connected to the IE, I
think it can be RA or Internet provider bug.

Witold