BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 06:36:00 -0700
Dear Leland,

It belongs next to Stearn. I think the shared theory is that to preserve
historic context one should tear it down and rebuild. Can't send you
mine... can't find it.

About 2 years ago I had 2 library books that were late on being
returned. I was getting notices in the mail... which always drives me
nuts. I found the books and was walking towards the door to return them
when something interrupted my direction and I set them down. I was not
able to find them again until a month ago. Since I felt so damned guilty
for losing the library books I did not go to the local library, a fairly
good one in fact, for the last two years. Once I found them... and they
were always in view within three feet of my writing desk, if one only
had the eyes to see them... I held on to them and moved them around very
cautiously until I got up the gumption to go to the library to confess
and return them. I figured it would be an ordeal -- one of those
encounters in which you get your hands slapped and there is major
retribution. I was shocked that not only were they very nice to me but
it only cost $2.00 to clean up. They updated my library card at the same
time. I got hooked as a kid on buying books, and now have way too many
of them for any sane person, because I was always late returning them to
the library and figured the best practice would be to just purchase them
and be done with it. Kathy thinks I buy and bring them home in order to
appease the Book God. I've been trying to cut back but a trip to the
Ketchum Inn book barn or the Salvation Army will always hook me.

One of my perennial characters lives in an RV next to his house because
the house is so full of books that he cannot live in the house.

][<en