BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 10:42:32 -0500
In a message dated 97-11-06 18:25:59 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

>  Archived, huh?  That thought perhaps casts a pall on any free-range
>  discussions . . . Free-range-with-archive perhaps is not for chickens or
> those with beefs.

On their way to the Willie's Toilet Paper Imbroglio WTPI (use your secret
decoder ring) in Farafield, MD, outside the log cabin laundromat, nextdoor to
the Chunk'a Chew Restaurant, chomping down on another chicken weenie, Gabriel
said, "Wheres the beef?" Altuna, lapping another black'n tan, seemed to echoe
to echoe his message. Etidorpha held up the map of West Virginia and said,
"Gab, we is lost, terrible lost. How will they finds us in the millenium?"
Dave Lardo, son of Rusty Lardo, sat on the bus and idly twiddled his silver
nose ring while blowing a dolomitic luddy. Kersplaat! it went against the
windshield.

The archive comes with the list, but it can be locked from public eyes, for
our eyes only. We should discuss this. If it will really inhibit discourse
then I need advice. I see that it will stop us from getting nasty, indecent,
sexually implicit, morbid, or illegal. It will also leave a record, sort of
like the loonies preservation diary for the year 2110. As well, when we are
serious, there will be a record of the serious. If your hard drive crashes
you can get the archive back. I meant to change the _free range_ terminology.
Possibly PRESERVATION PLAY PEN (PPP) with journalistic photo groupies
(PPP.jpg) watching would be more accurate. What BP will do is allow us to be
noisy without getting shot at from a majority of lurkers on PL. Already some
290 people on PL are potentially saving every message we send (Yeah, right.).
Firearms could have a negative impact on immediate careers. Like what
happened to Gab & Eti on PL. I was not really intending we start a political
revolution or write tawdry imitations of Henry Miller on steroids. I would
also hope we would keep our defiant vigilance against Joe McCarthy. There is
an SJU listowners list and if anyone subscribing to BP wants to go nuts with
the delete key I'll show you the way. These types of security discussions go
on there at a frantic pace. I'm now spending more time deleting that list
then I am reading BP or PL. It is having a strange effect on my marriage.
While I lay downstairs on the couch responding to this message my wife is
upstairs writing more messages for me to respond to. I guess I don't want
anyone to see this after all. Help! I'm going nuts! Oh, sorry, don't read
that. BP is also available in digest form, which I think means you could
accumulate a months worth of BP before it is sent to you. Imagine that,
getting a months worth of preservation technology in one evening. ARE YOU
READY! HERE IT COMES! skdjgqwelirjgbwriujg;e. This is somehow tied into the
archive function. The breastbone is connected to the thorax, the thorax is
connected to the doo da... diddle all day.

Telepathic chickens leave no trace.

][<en Follett