BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:06:59 -0500
Hi, Ruth,

We lost my mom in July.  Dad had been her primary caregiver until the last two weeks of hospice, which my sister-in-law and I did together at home.  He appreciated the support, and could not have done that final stint alone.  Meanwhile, he ignored his own signs of fatigue and discomfort, and after only a month we learned that his cancer had returned.  Since then it has meant his being in-and-out of the hospital to diagnose the lymphoma precisely and undergo aggressive chemotherapy treatments.  Inbetween treatments, he recovers at home, hence my taking a turn with him now.  His mind is good, and he is a good patient, and we have lots of reminiscent talks about family.  Yesterday's highlight was watching Michigan beat Northwestern, followed by watching Michigan State beat Wisconsin.  That means Michigan might go to the Rose Bow, a big deal for us Wolverine fans.  Dad is a wonderful companion, and has a strong mind and heart.

I've brought some work up here and stay connected with my fancy wireless connection to broadband internet, which my brother hooked up for us to be able to feel less of a sacrifice.  Dad uses Web TV and loves getting email, so often we're both checking for messages.

It's a beautiful day, here in Michigan, cold enough to see a dusty white frost on the ground early, but sunny enough to know it will melt away soon.  We'll go for a ride later, and I'll make a tasty spinach omlet for breakfast.

Love to you all,

Ilene