BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:26:05 -0400

>Hey, is the great one or two days a week Edison Interpreter who is a local
>DJ with a passion for Edison going with the building?

Cuyler,

We did not see him in the building... he could have been there. We may
have met the ghost of Henry Ford, but we could have been romantic about
it and it was the unamed radio guy instead. By the time we got to the
building the collection had already been cleared out and sent on to the
NPS. This is also the building that Edison supposedly experimented on
making rubber from goldenrod -- think in terms of famous old guy, white
haired, limping, deaf, sleepless wandering off for peace of mind from
the confusion of international business to fiddle with his goldenrod in
his private hideaway. Go figure! Greenfield Village is maintaining the
Menlo Park motif... as this one building was from the West Orange era it
was the black sheep... so they offered it back to the NPS.

When we first saw the building it was painted red. I assumed it was red
to begin with, but then I was told that no, the original color was gray.
Seems when the Dearborn folk wanted to interest the NPS in the building
they felt it needed a face lift so they painted it barn red the week
before the NPS came out to look at it.

][<en