BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Light fuse ... retire quickly.
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:58:25 -0400
on 7/18/01 12:27 PM, Popkin Bruce at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Question:  Is traditional wood lath still commercially available?  Does it
> look just like 19th C lath or is it a modern interpretation?  Or do you make
> that for yourself, too?
>
> Bruce Popkin

Bruce

Sawn lath is readily available.  I purchase and use it frequently.  Since I
don't know where you are located I cannot direct you to a source.  Accordion
lath can be easily made as long as you know someone with a saw mill who can
cut out the stock.  Riven lath is relatively easy to make as long as you
have a source of veneer quality logs.  There are a number of people who
still engage in the practice.

Bill