BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 19:33:17 -0700
Lawrence Kestenbaum wrote:

> waste most of it on meals and hotels and polls and paid staff: you don't need
> all that.

Larry,

As always, your eloquence is inspiring, but I have to say I can't go far without
the meals. Though I skimp on breakfast, the remainder of the day I must eat. As
to hotels, getting paid to stop their outsides from leaking water to the insides
keeps me in meals, and makes occasional work a pleasure. The only poll I can
afford is to poll BP. And if anyone here expects to be paid staff on my
residential campaign, dream on. But it is an interesting idea and if I ever
manage to feel that I am living in a community again I will remember your
encouragement. The only geographic community I feel strongly a part of is the
commuter's hammer lane on the LIE. In the mean time, Twybill is a good candidate
with a very fine sense of place and I believe he does own a tie -- just don't go
in a canoe with him!
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease