BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marilyn Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:46:19 -0500
     Ralph wrote:

     "On a related note, I remember some years ago seeing a request from a
     Columbia student, looking for info on the history and importance of
     gay men in Histo Presto.  That may be where the men--well, some of
     them,  went."

     I have always thought that would be a fascinating area to explore, if
     it could be done without more or less outing people who had no desire
     to be outed!

     When I was working on those pre-World War I private restorations in
     VA, I came across a fascinating character that I THINK was probably
     gay and sort of collected old houses, in all styles.  When he had
     money he restored them, when he didn't he sort of camped out in them,
     with his mother, theatrical friends, and MANY cats.  So the gay-HP
     connection may go back a long way.

     Marilyn