BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 06:53:56 +1000
Dan

I had a quick look at the Accoya website, then googled:

 "acetic anhydride" acetylation treatment wood

And came up with lots of references, including this page on Google
Books:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=QdjzOCnrED0C&pg=PA109&lpg=PA109&dq=%
22acetic+anhydride%22+acetylation+treatment+wood&source=bl&ots=G9e47WJzI
5&sig=zKM3siMU5IxdUdtsm81cPguOUso&hl=en&ei=Wxr2SZW6C4rq6gPGjKXFDw&sa=X&o
i=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5#PPA110,M1

Looks like something that could indeed have some benefits, but that the
scientists have been struggling to make practical. I'm guessing
difficulties in reproducibility of the treatment technique.

However, I'm not offering an opinion - too early in the morning, and I
have to go deal with a saturated bamboo cloth nappy!

Cheers

David West
Executive Director
internationalconservationservices