BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ian Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:21:48 +1000
Dear BPers:

This is to let you know that some major renovations have just been carried
out at The World of Old Houses. The site has expanded greatly, with more
than 40 new pages being added today. Among the changes are:

• Suppliers Directories for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa,
the UK and the USA. The US Directory contains an expanded list of Salvage
suppliers, with links to their websites and email addresses.
• A new free essay in Info-Central: 'The Light Fantastic'
• Some fascinating new sites on the Links page: check out Historic House
Colours, the History of Plumbing and the Urban Conservation Glossary!
• A guide to old house books in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South
Africa, the UK and the USA

I'm not going to pretend that I've listed everyone who ought to be on
board. There just isn't the room! But it's a resource which is designed to
give people enough leads and hints so they can get up and going. Where
companies and individual craftspeople have websites these are listed and
linked. Email addresses are included to simplify contacts.
Your comments and suggestions are welcome, as always. And if I've left out
your favourite store let me know and I'll fix it on the next upload.
I think we've got most of the wrinkles out now but if anyone finds a link
that doesn't work please get in touch!

-- --
Ian Evans
The World of Old Houses: http://www.oldhouses.com.au
Publisher: The Flannel Flower Press Pty Ltd
PO Box 591, Mullumbimby, New South Wales, Australia 2482
Phone/fax: +612 6684 7677 Email: [log in to unmask]