BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 21:32:40 EDT
Ken,

The Czar's plate is indeed full, but it sure as hell don't have no sushi
(smells like fish to me) or Rocky Mtn Oysters (I don't even want to think
about what they might smell like, raw or cooked) on it.  And I don't have any
goats to forget.  Do you?

As for subterranean cricket oysters, I don't believe those are kosher,
either.  Perhaps our esteemed friend Chris, the Kansas Citian who became an
expert on Hebraic Customs (any relation to Padraic Colum?) as a result of his
adjacency to Zabar's (would that be part of the Mikveh Immersion Course
offered at SUNY New Paltz?), could look into that when he isn't inspecting
wood -- his own, or others'.

Which reminds me, I should think that a 19th century person who verified the
quality of processed forest products would have been a lumber inspector; the
lumber yard owners I used to know (in the 1970's) got very insulted once when
I came in asking for "wood"--they dealt in lumber.  And I can't imagine that
a "wood inspector" went around checking out the forests-- the only thing my
now-transplanted Grandfather didn't approve of about the US of A was the
disorderliness of our forests (who says Krauts are anal?), so I doubt that
there were any appreciable number of people in the City of NY who went around
picking up twigs and dead branches for a living.  Maybe "wood inspectors"
were like sidewalk superintendents, mattress testers, honeywagon drivers,
dolphin floggers, key grips, lawyers, email correspondents, etc.

Parenthetically yours,

Ralph