BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:35:55 -0500
on 1/2/03 11:56 PM, Ruth Barton at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Sorry to hear that William.  Did he make them by hand?
>
> Do  you live in Shutesbury or did his shingles go far and wide?  Ruth
>
> No, I live in Northeastern Connecticut.  Rick started out making radial sawn
clapboards at a mill in Granville, Vermont.  With his acquired knowledge he
build, from scratch, a new mill that improved on the old design and produced
clapboards that are a delight to the eye.  There are other manufactures but
it was the combination of his quality, fair price and his business manner
that made one go back for more.  And yes, he did ship clapboards all over.
His ad s can be seen in Traditional Building.