BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Trieb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "where heavy conservationists hang out"
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 06:51:01 EDT
Pam,
I always recommend undertaking an overall Condition Survey to understand
where the masonry repairs fit into the grand scheme of things. Often what
appears to be the highest priority is only a critical issue from the visual
perspective.
The information obtained from this inspection will determine the type and
extent of repairs needed to insure your home's future well being. This will
lay the groundwork for establishing a long term Maintenance Program enabling
you to fully understand what is needed for the building, when it should be
done, and how much it will cost.

Let me know if you need help in finding a qualified mason. There aren't many
around, but I know who they are.

Peter

Peter Belden Trieb
Historic Preservation Consultant