BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:21:23 -0400
>How did they get 'em to line up?

String Theory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Met History [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 1999 4:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: "I basically drew every brick in the house." Did she have to?

Architecture magazine, September 1999, advertising supplement "Brick in
Architecture":

Accompanying illustrations of a (totally new, neo-neo-Georgian
revival-revival) "Potomac River Estate" designed by Geier Brown Renfrow, the
project architect, Janice Olshesky, says that "I basically drew every brick
in the house.... you have to be so accurate laying out the modules for the
Flemish bond so that those dark headers line up."

The dark headers do, indeed, "line up".  But, in my experience with
construction documents for neo-Georgian revival buildings (i.e. circa
1895-1925) large scale drawings of "every brick in the house" were not made.
And I assume that such documentation would not have taken place in the
1740-1780 period.

How did they get 'em to line up?

Christopher Gray aka James Bond