BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:36:45 -0800
My dear city folk and others,  Those of us who have grown up with cows know
that they are really quite stupid and curious.  They will ingest most
anything--that's what keeps vets fat and happy here in the boonies.  There
is an actual condition that cows can get, and most do to one degree or
another, called "hardware disease."  The cure is to put a magnet down the
cow's gullet into the first rumin, stomach to the uninitiated.  The magnet
sits there and gathers all the ferous objects that the cow takes in to keep
it from trying to move further along the digestive tract and cause real
damage.  More than you really wanted to know, I'm sure, Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT