BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Witold Karwowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:43:24 -0500
Ken wrote:
>And then there is the social polarization in which unions go
around saying very negative things about non-union workers

Couple of years ago there was big union showdown on 52nd Street regarding
the non union construction by Kay Company from NJ. I have read the interview
with one of the rat pumping people (I just wonder if they do it from the ass
side). One of the reason, which non union company should not be allowed to
work on this particular site was as stated "unsafe work place conditions"
created by fact that company is non union. Several blocks down big high was
on the rise by 100% union. Fact of three fatalities and poor old lady who
lost her life in her own bathroom when the roof was pierced by the falling
crane part is the proof of safe union job condition. But again - the lady
was non union... Couple of month later the big billboard on the 52nd Street
site announced worldwide that Kay is now union and proud of it.

Witold