BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:37:41 -0600
I am not the least disappointed with the outcome.  I doubt I'd have
ended up at my beloved Tundra Tech if I had not been spurned by Windham
and abused by RinkyDink U.  And Tundra Tech did me a world of good.  We
are kind of hoping to send our son there...kinda hoping he doesn't have
to take the pinball bumper careening route I took to get there...and he
has indicated an occasional passing interest.

Have you really spoken to Ginsberg?  Wow, that would impress Patrick
that I know someone who spoke to Ginsberg!

-jc

Actually, a year earlier than applying to Windham, I was really excited
about the Forestry School at Wanakeena(spelling?) NY.  I was gonna be a
smoke jumper and do something useful.  Then I saw the requirement for
Trigonometry and I just gave up on the whole thing.  Years later,
making up math deficiets to get into Architecture School, I discovered
that I absolutely loved trigonometry.  It was the first math course
that made sense and you could use it to do something more useful than
mixing chemicals!  Who knew?!  I feel really sorry for kids who close
doors without walking through and at least seeing if anyone is guarding
the door ready to kick their sorry unprepared butt out.  I'm a big fan
of open enrollment and heavy duty competition to stay.  Comes from
growing up in the wrong neighborhood, I suppose.
-jc