BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:58:10 EDT
Cutting glass requires the correct glass "cutter". Since Bendheim has gotten
rid of their retail store I dont know where to go in Manhattan.
In any case, glass comes in all kinds of hardness, starting with plate as
about the softest and seliniem (sp)orange about the hardest.
So - the wheel on the cutter has an angle (v) like that, the sharper the
angle the more pounds per and the harder glass it will cut. There are cutters
that are designed for plate and cutters designed for "art" glass.
Fletcher makes the plate cutters and I can't remember the cutters I used for
art glass but they had a wooden green handle and had little tiny wheels for
the max pounds per.
Kerosine of any experience will do.
jim