BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Dierickx <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:36:05 EDT
Lurking has been one of my few remaining pastimes/pleasures in this
overheated economic climate but if I'm to de-lurk, I need some help with the
one-liners.   Thank you, Lurk-No-More.

Here are some of the projects I'm working on, in NYC and region:

-  preservation consulting for Landmarks permit for townhouse, now
institutional building on East 16th St., repair or replace in kind leaded
glass windows, do extensive interior alterations for C of O, deal with
violation caused by former institution that rebuilt gables in wrong brick
color (kind of orange instead of 1902 dark red with burnt headers -- close
enough!)

-  other Landmarks consulting:  new storefront on Spring St. for Italian
cosmetics store (replacing 1980's storefront that Community Board insisted
was old); new signs because of new logo for Fleet banks, new Ben & Jerry's
storefront in Brooklyn, etc.

-  ITC applications for 1880's PS 70 in Brooklyn, 75 West St. - Art deco
tower in Lower Manhattan; old 1852 stone mill building in Yonkers...

-  provide historical and historic conditions info to restore 1820's row
house on Mercer Street as much as possible - 6/6 windows, clean and repoint
brick, restore 2nd floor window opening proportions, lintels     ** I'm
having trouble finding good examples of cornice details for simple Federal
style, open gutter with downspout

- Muhlenberg Carnegie Library Landmarks Commission Designation Report

- history and historic conditions survey of Timothy Dwight College at Yale

There is no need to reply - unless you know of good Federal style cornice
details.  I presume I can lurk in peace for at least a month.

Mary Dierickx