BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:15:39 -0800
At 3:41 PM -0500 1/17/04, Lisa Sasser wrote:
Ruth,

Try the following link to the National Park Service Brief on Repointing
Mortar Joints in Historic Masonry Buildings at:
<http://www2.cr.nps.gov/tps/briefs/brief02.htm>http://www2.cr.nps.gov/tps/briefs/brief02.htm.
It's a good introduction to the whole subject.
Hope this helps,

Lisa

Hi Lisa, Thanks to you and John for the URL.  I guess that must be good
info both you and John sent me the same URL.  I went there and I would
really like to order that booklet or whatever it is but I guess I vote
wrong there was no scroll bar on the order page so I couldn't get to where
to order it.  Do you know any other way I can get it.  If I have the book
in my hand I can probably figure it out.  I sure can't read all that
online, I'd be crosseyed after one page.  Besides, it is very incovenient
to take the computer out to the foundation with me.  It looks to me though
the mortar only goes in just a little way though, not completely between
the bricks like it was originally.  Does this matter?  I did read enough
that it said you have to use the same sand.  That shouldn't be a problem, I
think the sand came from the cellar floor.  But I don't know what kind of
cement they used.  Oh well, it's too damned cold to do that job now anyway.
Just getting ready for spring.  Ruth
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT