BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:46:15 -0400
Rudy,

You are right about the shortness of sadness and the endurance of joy.

I never wanted to be John Sr's son, as much as his trusting partner.
He is only 10 years older... and Kathy is 12. I guess I levitate towards
being with older people.

Now what is going to happen is that John Sr. is going to leave Apple. In
part I knew that if I did not leave that he would not retire and take
care of himself.
It is an odd situation because the son, John Jr., thinks that he is
getting the important part... he is the big man... but what he is being
left with is the hollow shell.
All of the employees of Apple want to leave. They want to come with me
but I am not able to carry them. For them I do feel bad.
It is clear to me that John Jr. is going to take the company down in
short order... and I did not want to hang around to be the fall guy.
The kid has burnt a lot of decent people in his own self interest and it
is not good.
What he does not seem to understand, with his fixation on tools &
equipment & money is that when I walked the company walked with me.
I'll be the last to tell him. I don't like to jinx my Scooge... but this
has all been a very slow and patient Scooge... I'm not done yet.
One thing I learned from John Sr., though he would never understand my
saying it, is that what something looks like is not always what it is
and that if I stop and look harder I can see things better.

When David picked me up from the train after the meeting at Apple and he
was on the cell phone with Carson and they were joking with each other I
felt real good.

If we can figure it out to help and nuture them they are both great men
yet to be.

Thanks,
][<en