BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Norm/Ilene Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:06:02 -0500
Fondness for an old valiant...  Back in 1970 when my husband and I were
VISTA volunteers in Baltimore, we wanted to buy an old grand piano.  Our
roommate, Hank, had an old Valiant convertible.  We found a clunker but
workable piano for $100.  By taking the legs off we could set the piano
body on the back of the car and drive it the few blocks home.  Simple
enough, but we were not content to just get it home, as we had an
extraordinary piano player friend who consented to help us move it.
What he really did, however, was to sit on the back of the front seat
while our friend drove, playing Bach and dressed in a white robe, and
Norm and I ran alongside.  In Friday afternoon rushhour, it made quite a
scene.  Couldn't have done it without the Valiant.

Ilene