BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:24:35 -0500
We had a bottom nearbye in Pennsyltucky.  It was Manada Bottom, on
Manada Creek.  It sort of ran the opposite direction from Fishing Creek
out of the Fishing Creek Valley.  I loved the name.  Named my estate,
"Manada Bottom Native Tree Nursery and Design Emporium", 'cause the mrs
wouldn't let me call it the "Manada Bottom PigWerks".  I didn't have
any pigs or intentions towards pigs, but love the story about the three
legged pig and wanted to put him on a sign in front of the house.  The
mrs. is not so very fond of pigs.  I think she takes the whole kosher
thing too far when she extents dietary suggestions to living and
breathing and multiplying critters that aren't your own...let alone an
imaginary one painted on a sign, die an imaginary business.  But in the
heat of summer it was always 10 degrees cooler down in the bottom.
They say there's trout in there, but my napping skills are superior to
my fishing skills and I never found out for myself.

My pond doesn't even have a name.  Nor the creek that run into it and
out the otherside.  My business doesn't have an inventive name.
There's no mules in the neigborhood, no crazy neighbors.  We have more
pets than the whole neigborhood combined and our existing nonconforming
white picket fense keeps them home most of the time...maybe we are the
crazy neighbors.

Good morning!

-jc