BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2009 09:22:44 -0400
 >>Can you please tell me when "you" find the time to do all this stuff?
Twitter, Listserves, surf the net, volunteer for professional and noble
causes, write books, etc? Oh and don't forget we need to spend time with
the family, eat, sleep, work, exercise, read, engage in hobbies, fix the
house, relax and smell the roses? How do you all do this?<<

I'll be 60 next month, so if I'm going to get everything done in my life
that I want to my days of doing a task or job for a single purpose are
about over. When I get up in the morning and decide what to do, it is
usually the task or job that fits the most categories as you list above.
Yesterday it worked particularly well. I had a consulting project at my
neighborhood church to assess conditions of their 32' tall wooden
columns with rotting plinths, etc. In this one activity I did all this
stuff:

- earn some money to support my family
- get photos and sketches for my next print article, which will be in a
book by next year
- shoot a little video and help a few thousand people via the internet
- make my own neighborhood and the greater world a better place to live,
doncha just love the subtle curves and shadows on those classical columns?
- I walked the 6 blocks to get there with my gear on a little dolly, to
get some exercise, and help save the environment by not running my truck
- my wife walked part way with me, so 'get with the family', I said hi
to two neighbors on the way back, so 'get with the neighbors'
- stopped to smell the roses, cherry blossom trees actually
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.

John