BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:46:07 -0500
Typically you would either put in more stone (dutchman) or mortar.  The
problem with the marble tombstones is that they are so sugared and soft that
most repairs, including the adhesives, are going to be harder than the
existing original.  This is not a formula for long-lasting success,
especially in Vermont with the wet, freeze/thaw cycles you have.  I'd look
into consolidation and high lime mortars.  Also, I'd transcribe the text
while its still legible, photograph them and file with the church or town
library.

Mark