BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:54:21 -0800
Well, now I know why I couldn't live in the city, I couldn't open my
winders nor warsh them neither!!!!  What if a pidgeon poops on your winders
and the washer person don't come for another 6 months?  What if you're in
the all together and the winder washer comes along outside?  I wouldn't
like that arrangement.

On a different note:  It was on our local TV the other night that there is
some single family house in NYC that is for sale at the bargain price of
only sixty-four MILLION dollars.  Anyone here bidding on it?  Ruth

At 9:26 PM -0500 2/23/08, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 2/23/2008 9:01:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Good heavens!!!!  You city folk don't even know how to wash windows??????
Hereabouts we just take of the narrow wooden strips Those would be the
blind stops (for the lower sash), and the parting strips (for the upper
sash).  But you only have to remove one of each to get the sash out.
The city folks' problem is that many of their windows don't come out, or
even open at all, which means they have to find somebody to do the washing
from the outside for them.  And in a 51 story building like I'm working on,
it's a different problem. that hold the windows in, bring the window inside
and wash it, put it back and screw the wooden strips back on.  All done for
another 6 months unless you have a dog that
slobbers on the window alot. Or too many Noo Yawkuhs.  BTW:  Windows streak
less if you wash with REALLY hot water and lots of amonia and dry
immediately with newspaper.  I
don't know if New York Times works better than other papers or not, I can't
afford to buy it so I just use the local rag. Any port in a storm. NYT is
smaller these days, so it would clean less than it used to.  Ruth Ralph
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT