BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 06:50:37 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>     I think it would be great if the kids in ALL our building trades
>     courses could be exposed, at least minimally, to the preservation
>     side of the trade. *All the kids in OUR* *bldg trades could use
>     the same exposure, too!  To say nothing of the goddam
>     architects.* Ruth *Ralph*
>
> **

The general initiative within PTN is for those who practice in the
preservation and traditional trades to take advantage of opportunities
to provide educational experiences in trade schools regardless if the
schools and programs are oriented towards historic preservation or
not... which means the local BOCES or vocational programs. You need to
have a basic understanding of the building trades in order to become
involved in working in the preservation and traditional trades. There is
also a recognition that there are not "preservation trades", there are
the trades and people working them who have an interest and orientation
towards histo presto and an appreciation of traditional building skills.

][<en