BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:40:55 -0500
Witold Karwowski wrote:

> The organization which provides free tickets to the Bronx Zoo or
> turkeys for Thanksgiving for its members - I do not think so.

Bravo on Solidarity! Having recently read a book that goes into some
detail regarding Stalin's treatment of the Russian population through
enforced genocide by famine I've been curious to ask if his policies
towards Poland were the same, or worse. The fact that a union could be
formed at all if the conditions were similar is amazing to me.

If only union were tickets and turkeys.

I heard a story today about a prominent terra cotta building in NYC
where the UNION crew was supposed to be pinning back the terra cotta.
Instead what one rigging crew did was place mannequins on the
scaffolding rig and then lower them three floors per day. This went on
for a month with shift crews so that there would be three floors of
actual pinning and three floors without. Who knows where? The word in
the union is to stay away from that particular elevation of that building.

][<en