BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:03:23 EDT
NEWS RELEASE

(August 23, 1999, Montclair, NJ.)  According to Krugman Listserv Analysts,
LLP, the Internet listserv chat quotient for the months of July and August
has experienced a sharp rise over previous years. On the bellweather
listserv, [log in to unmask], for instance, list
owners were increased the upper traffic limits by 20% to accommodate list
participants need to chat.

Lists also experienced and increase in the variety of topics considered by
list participants. On B-P, for instance, a list generally focused on topics
related to historic preservation, members exchanged views on mutt hair, blue
porch ceilings, mint julep (a/k/a julip) recipes, the value of "holding the
mayo," and hopping insects, in addition to other more serious topics (5%).

Listmembers seem generally happy with the increase in messaging. In a message
dated 8/19/99 8:24:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, listowner Ken Follett writes:
"As very few of us are heavy, but we all seem to be cracked, I think the
change improves our reality quotient."

Contact: Mary (Shure 'n begorrah) Krugman

Tel: 973-746-2810
Fax: 973-746-2599
###

Hi folks! Loved the chatter. It's good to be back.

MDK