BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:03:16 -0500
I am enjoying the responses to this item.

The Journal of Bifurcation & Chaos is a scientific journal dealing with
"chaos theory" and the "bifurcation" referred to is presumably that of a
series of events which could have different results--like parallel
universes dividing. This is rather esoteric stuff, based on the discovery
of phycisists that seeming randomness is at the heart of the largest and
smallest (i.e. atomic) events. I don't know much about it, but I saw the
journal at a scientific convention when I was selling ad space in a group
of scientific journals, and the title was irresistibly weird, so I took a
copy with me.

One of my editors at Professional Pilot magazine (a previous job) liked to
say that no matter how bad it got there, it was better than writing for the
Sand & Gravel News. And there really is a Feed and Grain Times.

Publications for every interest...

Don White
Associate Publisher
Preservation Sourcebook