BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:26:33 -0800
Our downstairs bath room has 2 doors, one into a bedroom which makes it
great if you have an invalid as you can put him in that room and makes it
much easier to care for.  We never did go in much for privacy, when I was a
kid any one of us might be in the tub and the rest of the family gathered
around for a chat.  All except Dad, if he was in there nobody even dared
walk by the door.  I learned early just what barns were really for.  LOL
Ruth

At 2:22 PM -0500 3/12/03, Ken Follett wrote:
I just wanted to make sure he put the seat down before he left the room

Ralph & Ruth: The level of self-revealing deprecation around here is going
to extremes. I always put the seat down and I always flush. I'm like the
good Boyscout camping that wants to leave no evidence floating behind in
the wilderness of the toilet bowl. Not even a trace of asparagus tea. I
tend toward being a polite and considerate kind of guy except for the
legendary lapses when I have been terribly otherwise. Sometimes I just
cannot stand the pressure of social conformity. Our bathroom at home had
two doors on it and therefore you could never tell if it was occupied or
not and if you did not want sudden company you would think to lock both
doors and not only the one you had just woken up and crawled out of a warm
and comforting bed with a pressing need to enter the sanitary abode from.
My paternal Grandmother, a cultivated woman of high class and artistic
distinction, an landscape oil painter from postcards without a hint of
perspective, but truly fantastic on autumnal colors, who in later years
thought the little men that visited her bedside late in the darkness of
night worked for the Devil, forgot to lock the unentered door from her
bedroom, later my sister's bedroom but a ways before her entrance into life
-- one day and after I rudely burst in on Grandma's revery with her
condensed Reader's Digest novel she gave me a good thrashing. So, I also
always knock first. ][<en

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT