BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yes, we set off an A-bomb but we are really sorry about it.
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 06:57:22 -0200
> We got the easternmost Taco Bell here in Spastic Beach. And I suspect
> the kids that work there know all about the Maui Wowie. *I have a
> feelingthat it's your Taco Bellers aren't the only ones who know about
> the Evil Weed.  They seem to have been having trouble with scallions
> lately, too.  D'ya think it's all a diversion to keep the cops away?
> *

The Taco Bell is nextdoor to the Duncan Donuts. I think it is a case of
suburban niche culture. Youth go in one door, cops in another, everyone
keeps the peace. Though the Taco Bell appears to be progressive youth
oriented I sincerely do not think any of the kids are using at work.
Been there, done that, know the difference. Also know the manager. It is
refreshing, though, to go into a place out here that feels like a hang
out. There is not much place in Spastic Beach for kids to build their
own sense of community. Most of them get up and move away either to the
city or the military. For added histo presto content... if a place has
no history that is accessible and of meaning to youth will they remain
to live there? If you have no sense of past is everything in the future?

][<