BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 20:55:25 -0700
As usual, I have a question.  What the heck are "semi tropical pants?"
Something slightly less revealing than a loin cloth?  Ruth

PS:  I'm sure others will want to know as well.

At 10:06 AM -0400 5/8/09, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 5/8/2009 2:00:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
John:Leeke writes

I turned 60

I walked the 6 blocks to get there with my gear on a little dolly, to
get some exercise, and help save the environment by not running my truck
- my wife walked part way with me, so 'get with the family', I said hi
to two neighbors on the way back, so 'get with the neighbors'
- stopped to smell the roses, cherry blossom trees actually

Thanks John
makes sence to me ; at 60 revolutions around the sun  ( I too was Born when
Harry was president)
I am building a little pagoda deck on top of the well house out in the deep
woods.
The well house is a  stone tower  of  17dia by  12 ft high . It looks like
a cross between a Scottish keep and a tenth century Norman redoubt.
I constructed it of reclaimed 30's 8 "slab [no rebar ) sized into o 200lb
pieces so as the stone face shows the polished rounded golden Mississippi
River stone. Its window are few and only big enough to aim a cross bow or a
Karl Gustav Mauser out of depending on what century you are living in
The door is  8ft tall French double door painted in chneese red and trimmed
in black and old gold and left to weather so its badly checked. Inside is
the  pump for the well and a Turkish toilet  (a souvenir from work in
North Africa)
A large sweet gum tree which is very leafy grows hard beside it with many
semi tropical  pants surrounding it.
The upper deck when finished will be  screened  It will essentially be a
writers space;
It is  wired for Wi-Fi and that other necessity of  life in the swamp  a
fridge.
Nearby my hope is there will be the cold plunge pool; followed by stepping
stones to a hot tub for old bones to soak in
. My Mrs. as always is concerned for the economy asks if we can afford it;
my answer of late has been ...... can we afford not to  Py

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=May5509AvgfooterNO115)
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the
http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT