BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:01:25 -0400
Cathodic protection doesn't work in the air because there is no medium to
allow the battery to activate allowing the free electrons to travel.
Seawater is an ideal environment for supporting this protective action.  It
does work underground and is a method used to reduce corrosion of submerged
storage tanks.

Mark