BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 08:09:47 -0600
>> He simply warned me to keep my eyes on the road instead of on the scenery.
>
>I'm happy to see that at least one soul on BP shares the driving sentiments.

When I was learning to drive, I was in love with early-1970s model
Corvettes.  My mother warned me to keep my eyes on the road and was afraid
I would get whiplash.  Little did she know what a menace I am now looking
at buildings!  Thank goodness she rarely rides with me.  I can't tell you
how many times people have stopped to make sure I am ok, when I've pulled
off the road to look at an old country house... My boss wants me to get a
"makes frequent stops" sign to hang off the back end of my car (no, not a
Vette, although my first car was a 1985 Firebird -- one step down from a
Vette according to the dealer, how could I say no?)