BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 07:48:11 -0500
Becker, Dan wrote:
>> then suddenly something really big happens, like the Gulf
>> region situation, and energies stored up get focused in that place.
>>
> I think of it more in this way: capacity is unleashed.

Dan,

I like your analogy here. Better than mine alone. It points to the power
of collaborative giving. We not only give of ourselves but when we do it
together the benefits are exponential over that of one person.

I paid way to much money last time I was up in New Haven & stopped at
the Yale bookstore for a book on the theory of non-profits -- but it was
this one snippet of a gleaning that the non-profit system is intended as
a loosely regulated free market safety net that caught my attention to
pay out the money. The book is a heavy one and when you fall asleep it
could cause real damage to the face. I think that is the main criteria
why I hold off on getting into it.

][<en