BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mark W. James" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
make easy -- get sakcrete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:46:27 -0500
In a message dated 11/21/2002 4:40:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>not near as much fun now that the sniper is behind bars.
>
>Mark, Obviously you have been too busy to get out much... the area has plenty
>of unsavory characters to avoid... like down near the mall there is a whole
>outhouse of snipers. ][<en

Yeah, I'm kind of over in the South East section of Rockville, which for some damn reason, I can never figure out where I am in relation to anything else.  I need a compass everytime I venture out.  I could go out for lunch, and they have no idea when I might show back up.  The problem is, I don't know either.  The worst experience has been those damn circles in DC.  I was asked to move Bryan's truck one night at the National Trust, where he was teaching class.  Seemed simple enough, I was on Massachusetts and 18th.  Well I hit the circle, and came back around, to hit the same street, but ended up on Rhode Island.  Needless to say, I missed most of the class.  Blocks are not layed out in normal fashion.  One wrong turn, next thing you know, you are in another State.

Gawd, and I thought Oregon was nuts!

Mark