BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nicholas Micros <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:52:37 -0500
>From: Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: New Thread
>Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:27:21 EST
>
>It was in this context that I recieved the cow info.
>
>I suppose you never know when a cow will come up in conversation. I advise
>all younger BP members to take note and study up. I request all older BP
>members to tell us their most infamous cow trivia as an histo presto
>educational excercise. You never know, the expatriate movement (perfectly
>good stonemasons moving from NYC to Switzerland) may be caused by an
>uncomfortable lack of cow conversations in urban environments.
>
>][<en

This was is in fact my problem. As a youth, growing up on Long Island, we
had nice beaches but few cows.

As a college student at Gettysburg College in rural PA, I experienced cows
more fully  and the great monuments of the historic battlefield as well.
This was germaine to my becoming a stone carver. For me, stonecarving and
cows go hand in hand (somehow). After 17 years in the URBAN environment and
no cows, I have come to Switzerland to make up for lost time.

Nick