BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:13:18 +0000
No science fiction here.

My thoughts are developed using objective and rational thought processes based on extrapolation of observations of developments in information technology, bioengineering and medicine.

Not much more than ten years ago, faxes were brave new world.  Now we couldn't do without them.

Five years ago bulletin boards were geekland, now look at us!

As for mobile telephony ... the US trails other parts of the world in the takeup of mobile phones ... but when I can plug my laptop into my mobile phone (or even better, my laptop IS my mobile phone) then watch me fly!

There are so many things happening to the nature of work that I could fill up your inboxes with readings on the topic.  As for the challenges to heritage preservation which arise from the implications ... no more or less than we have been dealing with already, just different.

Got to go (and answer a call on my mobile phone!)

david